In conjunction with his litigation support and consulting services, Dr. Harry A. Milman works with various organizations and media outlets on science communication.
Dr. Milman has consulted and given interviews on topics related to toxicology, cancer, pharmacology, and pharmacy for print and electronic news media, television and radio news organizations, public relations firms, trade associations, chemical and pharmaceutical companies, and national and international organizations.
For example, Dr. Milman has interviewed with:
- New York’s WABC-TV Eyewitness News about the apparent increase in esophageal cancer in workers at the Bayway Oil Refinery in Linden, NJ.
- Washington DC’s WUSA-TV Channel 9 News about the health effects of lead in the District’s drinking water.
- The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation radio news program about the potential health consequences of a 42,000 gallon spill of methyl ethyl ketone and methyl isobutyl ketone into the St. Clair River in Canada.
- Washington DC’s WJLA-TV Channel 7 News about the toxicology of Viagra.
In addition, Dr. Milman has often been quoted in newspaper and magazine articles and by news services such as Reuters News Service, including:
- The July 2012 issue of Health News for the story, “Poor George Clooney! Food Poisoning Strikes During an Italian Vacation.”
- The February 2009 issue of Better Health & Living Magazine for the story, “Send Toxins Packing: The Dangers of Everyday Chemicals at Home—and What You Can Do to Curb Them.”
- The December 2008 issue of Mealey’s Emerging Toxic Torts for the story, “Not So Fast: The DNA Revolution in Toxic Tort Practice Is Still a Long Way Off.”
- The January 2008 edition of the Los Angeles Business Journal for the piece entitled, “Legal Exposure: Attorneys Look to Cytokine Institute’s Chemical Analysis for Guidance in Lawsuits.”
Writing, Editing, and Peer Review
Dr. Milman is author of over 70 peer-reviewed publications and abstracts. Dr. Milman has also written and edited numerous governmental reports, including the National Biospecimen Network Blueprint for the US National Cancer Institute. In addition, Dr. Milman was the Editor of the Newsletter of the National Capital Area Chapter of the Society of Toxicology (200-2003).
Most notably, Dr. Milman has conducted quality control and created abstracts of scientific articles for the US National Library of Medicine.
Dr. Harry A. Milman has also peer reviewed scientific manuscripts and publications for the Journal of Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology and the International Journal of Toxicology.
Workshop, Symposium, and Conference Management
Dr. Milman has also managed various phases of over 20 national and international science workshops, symposia, and conferences. Responsibilities for these events have included identifying and recruiting speakers, obtaining and editing manuscripts, and publishing the proceedings. Some of the symposia include:
- Public Health Concerns in Disaster Preparedness (May 2006)
- Biological, Toxicological, and Regulatory Considerations of Nano-Materials (November 2005)
- Toxicology of Chemical Mixtures (May 2005)
- Toxicology of Dietary Supplements (November 2004)
He also works closely with Caren Milman Calligraphy, “Washington DC’s top-rated calligrapher,” to prepare hand-lettered brochures, testimonials, signs, and invitations for special events and workshops.
If you would like to request Dr. Harry A. Milman’s assistance with an interview, publication, or conference, please contact him at 301-871-6715 or send him a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.